As a freelance journalist, you don't have access to your own marketing department in the same way that most newsrooms do. Fortunately, social media is one of the best ways to help you and your work stand out above the crowd.
In this one-hour webinar, Abigail Edge shares creative ways to create a professional personal brand on social media to show off your strengths and realize your goals. This webinar is suitable for anyone who wants to develop their social media skills, grow their audience and think creatively about their personal brand.
💡 This recorded training covers:
- What is a personal brand?
- Why is social media key to a journalist's personal brand?
- Exercise: Crafting the perfect social media bio.
- Managing your personal brand on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and TikTok.
- Useful social media tools (e.g. TweetDeck, Buffer, Later, Pablo).
🖥️. Check the presentation included in this webinar here 👈Watch training session
Freelance journalists can help improve coverage of poverty reduction by pitching stories that offer new angles on this topic or interrogate contentious decisions or proposed solutions.
For freelance journalists, reporting on environmental issues and climate change is a chance to cover a diverse range of stories, places and characters with an opportunity to build data, multimedia and storytelling skills to better engage audiences.