As a freelance journalist, you will often work independently or outside of a newsroom. Sharpening your fact-checking and verification skills is vital to protect both you and your stories from mis- and disinformation. Knowing the networks and resources you can turn to for help means you’re not alone in this important fight.
💡 Download your guide and learn how to:
- Organise and verify your information
- Collaborate to avoid spreading disinformation
- Protect yourself from legal risks
- Access databases & fact-checking sites
- Bonus: Interactive verification checklist!Download
Freelance journalists can help improve coverage of poverty reduction by pitching stories that offer new angles on this topic or interrogate contentious decisions or proposed solutions.
For freelance journalists, reporting on environmental issues and climate change is a chance to cover a diverse range of stories, places and characters with an opportunity to build data, multimedia and storytelling skills to better engage audiences.